Hugh son of Hugh of Nydie has given, granted and by this his charter established to St Andrews Priory in pure and perpetual alms, a half stone of wax or 2s. to subsidise the lighting on the mass of the Blessed Mary, paid annually from the land of ‘Torbrec’ which is between Clatto and Blebo (in Kemback parish, FIF) on St Andrew’s Day.
Mid-thirteenth century, perhaps ca. 1240
Grantor; William of Nydie
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews University Library, UYSL 110/6/5 [Entered from English summary]