An agreement was formed between the abbot and convent of Dryburgh and the prior and convent of St Andrew’s, Northampton, whereby the prior granted and discharged to Dryburgh all the land that they held of the gift of Helen de Moreville in the villa of Lauder (BWK), to hold in perpetuity as contained in the charter of Helen to the prior, the abbot rendering annually to the prior and monks 2 marks at the Purification of the Blessed Virgin from the House of St James, near Northampton, that is, from the 2½ marks which that house used to pay Dryburgh for the church of Bozeat.
December 1200 X 2 November 1243
later in period
According to Stringer, the grant was probably made after Dec. 1200, when Helen’s husband died and was buried at St Andrew’s priory × charter by Abbot Adam of St James’s acknowledging payment to be made.
Source for Data Entry
Stringer, 'Dryburgh Abbey and Bozeat', IR 24, App., no. 6; Dryburgh Liber, no. 91