John de Balliol has inspected the charter of Isabelle de Valognes, lady of Kilbride, which he recites here. Isabella de Valognes, lady of Kilbride, had given, granted, and by the present charter established, to the church of Glasgow, for the soul of Sir David Comyn, her husband now deceased, 15 librates of land in the feu of Kirkpatrick-Irongray (KCB), that is, all of her land which is called the forest of Dalquhairn (KCB), just as it is today, or as it may be extended by good men if the bishop of Glasgow chooses this; and should the 15 librates of land be lacking from the land of Dalquhairn, she shall assign it from her own land. She wishes the church of Glasgow and the bishop to hold this in free, pure and perpetual alms. She and her heirs shall answer for all service and demands and shall warrant the land. This collation John Balliol holds as ratified and grants, and by his charter establishes to them.
14 September 1250
On the day of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, 1250